I had the opportunity to take a road trip last week and just had to share a few experiences from along the way.
As a writer, I’m always on the lookout for things that might spark an idea, help to finish a scene, or are just plain funny because of word usage. Road signs, I found, are a great source of amusement. Here are some of what I encountered –
- Blue Giraffe Spa. A business sign spotted on I5 southbound. No picture of said blue giraffe though.
- Pavement rehabilitation. Made me wonder what addiction the pavement was suffering from.
- Easy Street & Shamrock Road. Perhaps this is where the end of the rainbow and the pot of gold are?
- “Diggers. A bar and no grill.” Located in the town of Willits CA.
- Bear Pen Undercrossing. Didn’t see any bears penned and wondered how they would cross if they were.
- For Elk information tune to 1610 information. No, they weren’t referring to the lodge where old men meet.
- “Food, Booze, Snooze” an inn on Route 199. At least you know exactly what you’re getting.
- Hellgate Excursions. Not sure this is a place I want to explore.
- The Feral Cats. A name of a local band.
And for your viewing pleasure, here are few of the sights I saw too.