So Elora, Lauren, and Prudence have created these lists of things they want to do before they are 30, or 40. I wish I had been that focused when I was their age. Instead I was too busy doing other things a lot less grand or dream powered.
… and it got me thinking. I’m 6 years away from 50. My 11 year old thinks 44 is old. My 44 year old brain doesn’t think 44 is old. It doesn’t even think that 70 is old now. But that space between my ears is thinking that there are a lot of things I want to do, and if I don’t write them down and hold myself accountable, they’ll just float away in to the ether, never accomplished, or left for someone else to do.
So here’s my list of oh I don’t know how many things I want to do before 50.
- Spend a month in Paris (France not Texas)
- Spend a long weekend visiting Napa & Michael Chiarello’s restaurant Bottega
- Write the book that is stirring in my minds eye
- Use at least half of the fabric that I have in my stash to complete projects in waiting
- Go for a spa day, not just a massage either, but the entire spa package of pampering
- Visit dear friends who I haven’t seen in years (I’ll be seeing a few this summer – I can’t wait!)
- Meet as many twitter friends in real life
- Attend the Kentucky Derby and wear a grand hat for the occasion
- Go back to school and finish my bachelors degree
- Travel to England and soak up as much history and experiences as I can while I’m there
- Travel by train across Europe
- Visit Italy and learn to cook like the locals
- … to be continued
Travel seems to be a common theme through out the list. Guess that’s just the gypsy in me. But in all seriousness, there is so much out there I want to learn about, and see and experience. I’m thinking I need to cast off the limitation of doing this all by 50, and just set out to do it all in my life time.